Most people feel that to have healthy skin takes a bit of work. And it is as if one wrong move can have you scarred and stressed about the appearance of your skin. From getting the wrong facial, to using the wrong razor to shave with, to using the wrong products on your skin. But some people have figured out a way to get their skin back, or better yet achieve the skin they always wanted, by focusing on some specific points…
(Side note: As my son watched me write this article, I was flattered to have him suggest I add a photo taken of us. He said, ‘If it’s about skin, mommy, you’ve got to put your picture!’ My child is so sweet…)
The skin is the cover that reflects what is happening inside the body. Healthy, young, glowing skin means a healthy, young, glowing interior. I’m sure you know the skin is the largest organ of the body. And if you feed your body ‘junk’, then junky skin you will have, my friend. It is the organ of elimination and detoxification; the backup for the other elimination organs. If your colon is congested, overloaded, and toxic because you aren’t eliminating minimum 2 to 3 times daily, then the skin also becomes dull, overloaded and riddled with toxins.
The liver is the filter of the blood and it is also known that everything that has to do with the skin is also related to the blood, so your liver must be in optimum performance if you want optimally healthy skin. If the liver can’t efficiently filter impurities coming from the digestive tract, your skin suffers, trying to compensate by releasing toxins through the pores. If you are suffering with constipation, you will specifically experience acne and rashes.
Your skin is also the largest organ of absorption and indigestion; both of nutrients and toxins. If you have a healthy diet, your skin will prove it. Highly processed food, junk foods, fried foods, foods bombarded with hormones and chemicals and nutritional deficiencies are the first to show on the skin. Toxins are excreted through the oil glands. This leads to, not only acne, as I mentioned prior, but also boils.
Even your emotions are relevant in your skin! It is a mirror of your emotional and hormone balance, too. Stress causes the skin to react negatively and hormonal imbalances are perceived as poor skin texture, spots and/or blemishes.
Having shared all this, what are the 8 signs that indicate you need a skin cleanse? They are the following:
- Do you have sallow skin? Poor skin coloring may indicate waste buildup from liver malfunction or drug residues. Do you have age spots? Brown mottled spots on the hands, neck or face may reflect waste accumulation in the liver.
- Do you have adult acne, or uneven skin texture? Waste build-up from environmental pollutants, poor, liver exhaustion and stress allow increased free radical formation which attack skin cell membranes.
- Do you have wrinkles, or sagging skin contours? Free radical activity also affects skin collagen and elastic proteins, resulting in wrinkling and dry skin.
- Do you have puffy or swollen eyes, dark circles under eyes, or crusty, mucous forming in your eyes? If your breath is also bad, it’s a pretty solid sign your body has an overload of fluid wastes.
- Do you have a skin disorder? Psoriasis, dermatitis, seborrhea, and even dandruff, all indicate its time for a skin cleanse.
- Do you have skin sores or rashes that aren’t healing? or hard bumps on the skin? Your body may be overloaded with waste that your not eliminating.
- Do you have usually oily skin? or scaly, itchy skin? or chronically chapped and red skin? A skin cleanse will probably help.
- Do you have poor circulation? Cold hands and feet, swollen ankles, poor digestion and chronic constipation are also signs that your body lacks tissue oxygen uptake. Poor skin tone is a sign of an antioxidant deficiency.
Yes. It is possible to have healthy skin again. Even if you dealt with products that harmed skin or had procedures that harmed skin. YOU CAN have amazingly glowing healthy skin!
Apart from the 8 signs I’ve detailed here, there is another tool you can use to unlock the cause of skin challenges.
As ‘Beauty Gypsy’ states in an article ‘Face mapping… combines Ayurveda and ancient Chinese medicine to explain how certain parts of your face are connected to other areas of your body. Put simply, think of your face as a map and blemishes as X’s on that landscape. Spots in different zones correspond to different problems.’ One can use the image above as a guide to help you address the underlying causes of your individual skin issue and at the same time take preventive measures to treat underlying health problems in time.
For the best combination focusing specifically on internal cleansing of the main eliminatory and vital organs that improves skin within just a short few weeks time using Ayurvedic and Chinese herbs, here is my favorite natural therapy combination for beautiful skin:
SKIN DETOX, Ayurvedic
TIAO HE CLEANSE
PAU D’ARCO LOTION
Use the prior combination for minimum 30 days. Then repeat every 3 months to maintain healthy skin always.
My Favorite Foods for Skin?
Water: Number one for hydrating skin from within naturally. Filtered water of course.
Papayas: Papayas are rich in vitamin C and help with collagen production. This fruit is also known to help nourish and heal dry, sagging skin.
Olive Oil (preferably Extra Virgin): Add this to your diet for EFA’s, the essential fatty acids needed for soft, fresh, healthy, young-looking skin. Olive Oil is best used raw, unheated, and drizzled on top of your food right before eating it after serving yourself on a plate. Also, it is recommended to rub Olive Oil on skin to lock in moisture. (Excellent during the fall and winter months.)
Green Tea: Wonderful for inflammatory, itchy skin conditions.
Celery, Tomatoes, Pears, and Lemon Juice: Chinese Medicine recommends preparing a juice blend of these. Prepare mixture and drink once per day for facial dark brown spots, itchiness, and acne.
*Extra Tip* Always wash face with cold water. This way you do not strip skin of its natural oils and prevent premature aging. As for skin on the body, do not take scalding hot showers. Instead, take showers in which the water is as cool as you can stand it.
Wellness to you! And enjoy healthy, glowing skin again!