Out of every 1,000 children, 2 to 3 are diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. This very harsh disease is a brain-centered motor disorder that tends to occur most as a birth defect in premature babies of low birth weight.
Motor skills are impaired as a result of damage to the cerebrum from a lack of oxygen causing paralysis or from an injury. Vision, hearing, communication and learning, are also impaired.
What children are at the highest risk?
- Tiny premature babies
- Babies whose mother were on addictive drugs (this causes low oxygen supply to the brain)
- Babies who incurred brain injury during birth or from infections
Some causes of Cerebral Palsy?
- Clogged motor control centers in the fetus’ brain
- Measles in early pregnancy
- Meningitis (inflammation of the spinal cord and brain, usually due to infection)
- Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain usually due to infection)
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Herpes simplex
This is sadly a very severe disease… There is no control over voluntary muscles by children with CP. For this reason they experience jerking, abrupt, muscle contractions and convulsive, spastic seizures.
Astoundingly, children with CP tend to have above average intelligence! Unfortunately they suffer with speech impairments and drool due to muscle atrophy.
These children must eat healthy, organically grown food as much as possible. Dark green vegetables and leafy greens daily are recommended. Avoid protein from red meats, caffeine, fried foods, and canned foods, chemicalized foods and trans fats.
Chinese Medicine and herbal medicine have shown positive results in interceptive therapy by helping to repair and relax nerves, increase muscle coordination, calm the body of tension, and strengthen muscles to help in controlling spasms. Click each link below. Use the following herbal therapies combined: